Thursday, May 31, 2012

Road Trip!

I've been busy traveling on a few road trips last month what with weddings, graduations, and a quick holiday weekend with the boyfriend and his family so I figured I would do a little post on some convenient packing tips that helped me. If you're anything like me, then you likely overpack too many clothes that only end up taking valuable suitcase space. Luckily, there's help for the mini hoarders in all of us.

1. Organize. I hate both packing and unpacking. I'm the type of person who doesn't touch my suitcase until about a week after I return, mainly because that's when I likely need to do laundry. I had a gift card to Vera Bradley for my birthday so I decided I would go ahead and buy a hanging organizer for myself. Gene-balls idea! I love this because of all of the zippers so I can keep things separated, i.e. shower stuff, skincare, contacts stuff, etc.

Vera Bradley Hanging Organizer Lime's Up

2. Makeup. I normally keep my makeup fairly simple unless I know I need to get fancy somewhere. My basics include: tinted moisturizer, mascara, and lip balm. I may actually head over to my local Target to get this cute makeup bag. Best part is that it has 2 separate compartments! I swear, I'm not OCD. I just really enjoy compartmentalizing everything. I wonder what that says about me.
Sonia Kashuk Double Zip Foldover Over Cosmetic Bag

3. Packing. I learned from Farleigh that it saves way more space if you roll your clothes versus traditionally folding them. All I can say is true story! It's especially more convenient for me now in the warmer months because I mainly wear skirts and dresses whenever I go out so I don't have the heaviness of denim. I also pack outfits for each day that I'm on vacay plus 1-2 spares depending on how long I'm gone. And I have gotten better at only packing 1 extra pair of shoes instead of 3-4 (Yes, I have done that before. Ask me how many times did I actually wear every pair of shoes when on vacation.) You may also ask, so what about wrinkles? No need to pack an iron when you have the Downy Wrinkle Release. Seriously, just found this stuff today in the travel size toiletries section of Target. Talk about a life saver. I may never travel without this ever again.

Downy Wrinkle Releaser

So those are my main tips on trying to get the packing thing right. Let me know what other tips you may have for packing light.

No comments:

Post a Comment