Sunday, March 25, 2012

Laura Mercier Flawless Face

The siren song of Sephora lured me with her ruthless money hungry and sweet talking ways two weeks ago and I am so pleased with my purchase. Mostly I was there under the guise of "buying my Mom a birthday present," which I did but I've also been feeling like I need to start wearing a more "professional and polished" look to work. I have a long standing hatred of any and all foundations, which is the source of my lack of polish. I feel like foundation makes the person look corpse-like and fake. I've long held that when I wear foundation my face feels like it is suffocating. However, when you are the only woman in a room during an important meeting who is wearing nothing other than blush, one eye shadow and mascara (and hoping your glasses cover the fact you haven't slept thanks to a bottle of wine the night before), one may begin to feel like they should kick it up a notch (not that I'd know anything about that...).

So I launched myself into Sephora and went to the Laura Mercier section because she has never failed me. I purchased the Flawless Face kit (not the oil free-- because I've got dry skin) and I love it. It comes with primer, tinted moisturizer, concealer (two types), and translucent setting powder, as well as two full size brushes and some powder puffs. The coverage is buildable but light and hasn't made me break out despite a sudden heat-wave in DC. These are fantastic products for people who need a more polished look but don't want a "full face" of makeup. It evens my skin tone out and lasts all day. I'll 100% be buying the full size versions of these products when my Flawless Face kit runs out.

I also brought home the following loot:
Fresh Sugar lip treatment http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P57002 (amazing)
Truth Creme Advanced Hydration-- Ole Henriksen (amazing moisturizer which isn't heavy and smells fantastic, hasn't broken me out) http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P308101&categoryId=C19980
Replacement for my trusty and AMAZING (yes, all caps. You must buy this product-- looks universally good on everyone) eyeliner called Black Gold from Laura Mercier http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P109941&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5809

2 comments:

  1. The Flawless Face kit is such a great deal. The brushes are especially nice, aren't they?

    And now I need this Black Gold thingy. Dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brushes are so great. I never knew what a huge difference makeup brushes made in the process, and then one day I got a few good ones and consider my mind blown. Miracle workers I tell you!

    I'd also recommend Laura's creme eyeshadow. Freaking fantastic, and doesn't fade in the humidity and they act as a phenomenal base for layering. Gold is my favorite shade (of course).

    ReplyDelete