Sunday, March 25, 2012

This is Why I'm Not Hot... But I'm Working On It


My time in Vermont really took a toll on my general fitness level. Yes, I can make excuses that I totally trashed my knee skiing at Killington (truth and I have the torn meniscus to prove it), and yes I didn't have to stuff that much cheese, beer, pancakes, wine and well let's face it, everything down my pie-hole. However, I'm not fooling anyone any longer. It has been seven full months since I've left Vermont, my student loan deferment period has ended, and I am still carrying a whole wide-load's worth of junk in my trunk. So I am slowly getting back on track.

Fundamental to this process have been several things. First, there is a gym located on the 12th floor of my apartment building and it takes a lot of pathetic excuses to honestly believe myself when I say, "Oh, I'm too tired to take the freaking elevator upstairs." Second, I've finally looked myself dead in the eye after stepping on the scale and said, "Damn, girl. You have hit maximum density." Third, I make fitness an activity. For example, I plan these really long walks on the weekends with a destination multiple miles away. Most importantly, I've come to terms with the fact that I like to workout in cool looking clothes.

I did away with all my my cotton tee-shirts. You know the ones, ladies. The huge, unflattering, hot tee-shirts with logos from college or trips or whatever. I've replaced them with cute sweat wicking shirts. Examples below (FYI: I refuse to buy anything from Lululemon anymore due to the Founder's nutball explanation for why he used crazy Republican principals on one of their bags recently. No can do, Republican dude. No more money for you from me).

Under Armour: Women's UA Tech Shortsleeve Tee-- cute colors and does exactly what it says it will do-- recommend http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/pid1228321
Lucy: Speedy Short Sleeve Top -- really comfy and very breathable -- recommend http://www.lucy.com/Speedy-Short-Sleeve-Top/110168_SALE,default,pd.html?cgid=Tops_Short-Sleeve%20Tops&dwvar_110168_SALE_color=GRAPEFRUIT/LAVA

Target also has really great deals on workshop clothes and I've found awesome stuff on the clearance rack at http://www.citysports.com/

It is a process and I can't say I've lost inches or a huge number of pounds, but I'm thinking this is a tortoise and the hare sort of battle. I might be slow, but my workout outfits are cute as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment