Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pedicure Season!



Is there anything better than reaching that lovely day when temperatures shift from winter to spring and the birds starting chirping, "pedicure, pedicure, pedicure?" No, my friends, there is not. I am a firm believer in the art of the pedicure. One should never leave the house with crusty feet and unprepared toes. Please, if you are going to wear flips flops with your JCrew suit on the Metro, you'd best have some nice looking toes. And by nice looking toes, I do not mean a French pedicure or little flowers. No, I mean charming, friendly colors.

Here are some suggestions and some of my favorites:

Reds: OPI, I'm Not Really a Waitress, www.opi.com, $8, OPI’s Big Apple Red, Essie’s Who’s She Red
Essie Nail Polish in Lion Around, $8, www.essie.com
CND Colour in Raspberry Parfait, $9, www.cnd.com
Dior Vernis in Purple Mix, $21
Essie Nice Is Nice (from the French Affair collection for Spring 2011-- hard to find-- Mademoiselle is what I would consider the perfect, classic pink so go with that instead)
Chanel Pêche Nacrée (from the Les Perles de Chanel collection)

Go forth, take off those wool socks!

Should you need recommendations for awesome pedicure places in the DC area, let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment