Thursday, December 1, 2011

First Spinning Class EVER

OK I know the suspense has been killing you--I just finished my first spinning class and I will write a short story about my thought process.

On the way to the gym: I have no clue what to expect
Getting to the gym: Starting to sweat and I'm not even working out!
Walking into class: This is embarrassing, I'm 2 minutes late!
1 minute in: What did I get myself into?!?!
15 minutes in: My ass hurts
16 minutes in: My ass hurts
30 minutes in: Only halfway?!?!?
35 minutes in: Now I'm getting into the groove
40 minutes in: Feeling the burn!!!!!
50 minutes in: Yesssss...cool down!
55 minutes: DONE!

After class I went up to the instructor and told him that it was my first spinning class ever--he was actually surprised that I had never done it before and said he couldn't tell! (I have been long distance biking in the past so I had a general idea) This made me feel AWESOME. I have to say that this was the single hardest physical hour I have endured in a long time (maybe ever) and it was worth it. I highly recommend spinning/cycling classes because the music is fun and so are the people. Its a challenge, there's no way around it, but if you want a good solid workout--definitely try a spinning class!

1 comment:

  1. So awesome!! I penciled in my first spin class for Monday. Crap. Eek! So scared.

    ReplyDelete