Sunday, December 25, 2011

Insert Holiday-Best-Pertaining-to-You Greeting

For me, it's Merry Christmas! You might be celebrating the Solstice or Hannukah or whatever else is out there this time of year. I decided to make this a 2-fer on my party makeup since I previously mentioned I would upload a couple of my Christmas party makeup looks.

Foundation: MUFE Face and Body #18
Eyeshadow: Sonia Kashuk Nude Instructional Palette - one of the nude brown ones (no names on the shadows), NYX Wildfire
Eyeliner: the black shadow on the Sonia Kashuk palette
Lashes: Eyelure Naturalites (either 020 or 116, I forget which ones I used), Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black
Eyebrows: A mix of the black shadow and the dark brown shadow on the Sonia Kashuk palette
Concealer: Maybelline Fit Concealer in #35
Cheeks: Victoria's Secret bronzing powder in Goddess, Cover Girl Cheekers in Pretty Peach, ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Toasted used as a highlighter on my cheeks and under my brows (Only $1 at Target!!!)
Lips: Buxom Big & Healthy Lipstick in Brooklyn and Mary Kay Lip Gloss in Sweet Raisin

This picture was taken post eating and dancing, and aside from some shine on my forehead, I was quite pleased with how the makeup pretty much stayed put. I went with my mom and a few family friends, and they all wanted me to do their eye makeup after seeing mine. That was very flattering but nerve-wracking at the same time because I have zero experience with applying makeup on other people!

Foundation: MUFE Face and Body #18
Eyeshadow: Revlon ColorStay 12 Priceless Metals (I used the bottom 2 shadows), NYC Sparkle Eye Dust in Champagne
Eyeliner: the black shadow on the Sonia Kashuk palette, Maybelline Unstoppables Eyeliner in Onyx (just for the bottom)
Lashes: Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black
Eyebrows: A mix of the black shadow and the dark brown shadow on the Sonia Kashuk palette
Concealer: Maybelline Fit Concealer in #35
Cheeks: Victoria's Secret bronzing powder in Goddess, ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Toasted used as a highlighter on my cheeks
Lips: L'Oreal Colour Riche Liner in Rouge, Kate Spade in The Perfect Red (sadly discontinued but I hear the KS Supercalifragilipstick is amazeballs)

Also, I would like to take a moment and bask in my Kate Middleton-esque hair from the night! It was super easy; I just used big velcro rollers (I think they were maybe 2 1/4 inch) and left them in my hair for a couple of hours while I was getting ready. I sprayed a little bit of John Frieda Frizz Ease hairspray while they were in the rollers and then again after I took them out. Seriously, amazeballs. I LOVED my hair that night and wished I could wake up every morning with my hair looking like that.

So there you have it. These were my makeup looks for a couple of the Christmas parties I attended. I'm really excited for New Year's Eve because I'm going to an event where my boyfriend's mom's big band is playing! I plan on doing it big again then. Hopefully, I'll be able to blog more about it with several pictures! Until then, enjoy your time with your friends and family! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment