Sunday, January 1, 2012

Buckingham Palace and no pants? My, my Mr. Holmes.

Sherlock Holmes has been experiencing quite a few makeovers recently, and while I'd love to give a lot of props to the Downey-Law bromance, they barely hold a tiny flame to Sherlock. A sleek, modernized re-telling with enough allusions to the books that you don't feel as though the story has been cribbed by middle schooler (sorry Guy, your gritty, dour, steam-punky remakes leave something to be desired). The cast fits well together, and Benedict Cumberbatch delivers Homles' rapier wit with ease. Again, I always end up fancying Holmesesque men, god knows what that says about me.
Series 2 has just premiered, and boy did it. I won't spoil anything, but the first series is three, ninety-minute episodes. They are currently on Netflix. You have your homework. Oh, and here's a sampler for series one.




No comments:

Post a Comment