Friday, February 17, 2012

Girl Seeks Friends Update

I've been implementing my MWF Seeks BFF plan by emailing friends to set up friend dates, but also attending various events around town. 

I've joined the World Affairs Council and have attended two events this week.  I have hope for the WAC book club that meets in a week.  

And I stumbled upon the Lomography Gallery across the street from WAC which has a ton of photography events and the people working there were very excellent (a long conversation about microfiche was had). 

But here's the problem...

It seems to be a lot easier to meet and talk to guys than it does to talk to girls.  Why is that? I'm becoming paranoid about guys being flirty versus just friendly...when I randomly start talking to guys I'm always friendly but also don't mention my dating status.  I would have assumed that it's easier for marrieds (who doesn't look for a ring at this age?) but it's difficult for all of us. I also lead with "I'm new in town..."

Let's discuss!!

2 comments:

  1. i blame the general social awkwardness of guys.
    i am 99% sure that they would view introducing yourself as an unequivocal sex invite. just saying. And that totally sucks because I, like you, generally find it easier to go up and talk to guys.
    But if you do it - they'll think you want to sleep with them.
    Although, I'm fairly sure most of my guy friends assume that anyway.
    Gotta love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! And not only going up to them...but what to do when they come up to you?

    ReplyDelete