Saturday, February 25, 2012

Life Update

So, I haven't posted in a very long time--sorry about that--but I am posting now!
I think that I've grown up a little the past couple of months since moving for my AmeriCorps position. I spend a LOT of time with children and this has definitely given me a crash course in Patience 101. For AmeriCorps, you have to reach a certain number of hours (1700) in 11 months of service. These hours count my daily 9-5 routine, but it pretty much calls for a lot of service project weekends. For example, this weekend, I organized a project at a local homeless shelter--so I am waking up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to go and help serve breakfast. Now, in the past, I would have agreed to this opportunity, just because serving in a soup kitchen is something I've never experienced before. However, now I feel that as a fairly productive member of society, it should be a part of me to want to give back to my community in some shape or form. Trust me, I'm not brainwashed--I'd never let that happen--but what I am trying to say is that I feel like everyone should have this feeling. Maybe you don't have the best job or maybe you are down in the dumps about something, but honestly, something you can ALWAYS feel good about is helping others.

Okay, so I shared that little life tidbit. The next thing I'd like to write about is my workout update. I wrote a while ago about going to my first spinning class ever. Now, I have been spinning for a couple of months and it has completely transformed my normal workouts. Every class is such a challenge, but the reward is being finished and feeling completely accomplished. Only one hour of sometimes pain and sometimes suffering, but then BAM, you're done and you feel AWESOME.

I can officially say today that since I've signed up for spinning and have been a regular at my gym, I have now lost 11 lbs! I still have a lot of work to do after a lot of cheesing and boozing in Vermont, but I am on my way!

*As a disclaimer, I don't regret the cheesing and boozing*

No comments:

Post a Comment