Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Girl seeks Friends

I just started reading this book and I completely identify.  I had never thought about asking my friends to set me up on friend dates before but today I sent out an email: 

Dear Friends

As most of you know, I have (recently) decided to stay in the San Francisco area (and I start a job as a Research Associate later this month in the city).  But this email is not about that.  I'm reading this book called MWF Seeks BFF and I'm finding it oddly compelling...and I totally identify.  Basically, it's about how tough it is to make friends in your mid to late 20s in a new city without school to bring you together...so I'm following the writer's advice. Who better to help you make new friends than old friends?

"Indian girl with cat lady tendencies seeks friends in Bay Area for day drinking, book store visiting, movie theater hopping.  Must be excited about beer fests and exploring San Francisco. Preferably enjoys looking at pictures of baby animals on the internet. Must love sloths, grilled cheese, and coffee. Preferably in the San Francisco or Berkeley areas"


ok that's not a very good fake ad. But you guys get the picture...wanna set me up on some friend dates?


http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/memes-sheen-sloth.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment