Saturday, February 18, 2012

Revlon Lip Butter, Obvi

So I am jumping on the bandwagon and talking about how OBSESSED I am with the Revlon Lip Butter line. To be honest, I didn't care much for Revlon until they decided to make our girl Emma Stone a brand ambassador (Revlon 1, Cristina 0; their marketing worked on me). Revlon came out with this lip butter line, which has been described as a tinted lip balm. Again, I'm jumping on the bandwagon when I say it is so much more than that! It really has a great way of making your lips feel all smooth and buttery, and the color can be so much more pigmented than your basic average lip balm. If you want a good review on the different swatches, you can watch here:



I currently only have the Strawberry Shortcake. It's a lovely color but I didn't love it on me because I thought it looked a bit frosty against my tan skin. However, I used it as a base and then put a light coat of the True Blood for Tarte lip stain, and it gave the most gorgeous pink color. I was so in love with finding that combo last night that I went to bed with it still on my lips. I woke up this morning with my lips still feeling soft and with a touch of color due to the stain. I definitely plan on buying Peach Parfait and Lollipop on my next outing to the store. I definitely highly recommend these as they are incredibly lovely and great for everyday use!

Couch Approved.

UPDATE: So I just went out and bought Peach Parfait and Lollipop. Oh Em Gee! So amazeballs! Peach Parfait is a great light peach-y color that I think would look great on everybody. It looks good on Emma Stone and on me (who is considerably much darker than Emma Stone).

I've also been looking for a color like Lollipop for the longest time, by which I mean about 2 days. Lollipop is a great bright berry pink color, and I have feeling I will require multiple tubes of this. I'm now a Lip Butter junkie and cannot rave enough about this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment