Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Latest Shopping Haul

I have an upcoming wedding (as a bridesmaid) in April so obviously this warranted a shopping trip. I'm fairly sure I justified my purchases because I will "need it for the wedding".

This grey pencil skirt will actually be part of our bridesmaids' outfits (yay for things I can wear again!). I bought this over the weekend from the White House Black Market, which has some pretty cute stuff. I've never stepped foot in one before, let alone purchase something. The bride wants us to pair this with a white ruffle-y or tie neck blouse. She hasn't found one yet so let me know if you find a white top that would go great with the skirt (The theme is an antique brunch. Hello eggs benedict and mimosas!).

I randomly found this conditioner in the sale bin at my local Target today. The sale sticker said it was marked down to $4 but when I checked out it was actually $2. *Insert high five* I've never tried the Burt's Bees conditioner before but I won't complain about $2.


I happened to be in the market for an exfoliator and thought I'd try this from Sephora. I plan on updating my skincare routine so I'll let you know whether or not I'm pleased with this one.

I also needed a body scrub and, lo and behold, this happened to be in the same area as my new exfoliator. I haven't tried it yet, but I will let you know what I think about it also.

I got the Mineralize Concealer in NW20. I really needed a new under-eye concealer for the wedding. It will be on a Sunday at 11 a.m. so add that to a boozy rehearsal dinner the night before and no sleep = high odds of looking like a hot mess in the a.m. (No worries, I already made plans to pack my Vita Coco). I had to choose from this, the Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, and the Laura Mercia Undercover Pot, but I mainly chose Mac since it was the least expensive. When the makeup artist applied it on me I wasn't really fond of it in the beginning, thinking it looked funny but as the day wore on I liked it more. It's still on fairly well without any creasing after about 7 hours so I'm quite pleased with it.

So there's my latest shopping haul for anybody who is interested in seeing what I bought. I will update soon about my new skincare routine so *crossing fingers* that I will love my new Soap and Glory products. At the very least they smell yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment