Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Comfort Food

It's getting colder where I live so I was definitely craving some yummy, warm mac and cheese. I didn't want to have to buy too many ingredients and found this recipe from Rachael Ray for Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin Mac and Cheese. NOMZ. We had a crap ton of broccoli so I didn't bother with buying any cauliflower. Also, I threw in some chicken and 86'd the chives. Let's be honest. I really only wanted an excuse to eat some Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese from Vermont. My only negative for making this mac and cheese: I didn't pay attention to how many servings it yields so I made the whole thing. I ended up putting some in the freezer. We'll see if it freezes and reheats well. In the meantime, enjoy my lovely photog skills.

And just for shits and giggles because I'm feeling nostalgic, here's an oldie but a goodie picture from last year's hike up to Kent's Ledge in Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment