Friday, October 21, 2011

New Hair, New Rules!

I've been hankering for a new hair cut for a while, and once that seed is planted...well it's not going to stop nagging me until I do it. I'd been putting it off because I don't know any of the places in Glasgow and I am broke. On a lark I was taking a walk to post some letters and I wandered by a 'Models Wanted for Adventurous Haircuts!' sign. Needless to say I was curious and asked to be put on the list. My secret fear is that they'd cut all my hair off (ugh, short hair is hideous on me) and I'd have some weird asymmetrical mullet.
Quick background: Glasgow is actually a fantastic place for fashion, though it definitely has that hipster slant. However, the hair and makeup situation leaves much to be desired. Let's just say too much bronzer, fake tan, and bad weaves.
So, they gave me an appointment and I waited very anxiously for the day to arrive. I have to say, spending 6 hours in a salon getting the whole kit and caboodle done was awesome, the closest I'll ever have to a sylist. Anywho, I LOVE my new hair and it is such a change from my usual dull mop. Being adventurous really paid off.

Before:




















After:














As for the new rules, well not so much. Oh well, you can't win them all!

1 comment: