Friday, October 21, 2011

Perseverance

I'll be honest. This post is mainly for my benefit. Back in 2010, I Facebook crept on some photos and saw an album of a friend's for her cousin's wedding. Anyways, so my friend's sister wore this gorgeous dress that I fell in love with. I wanted to find it online but had no idea as to what brand it was or who designed it. I even tried googling "taupe keyhole halter dress with rosettes." Rosettes! I fucking hated rosettes ever since Angela used them on every single design for Season 3 of Project Runway! (Remember when Jeffrey made her mom cry?) But I love them on this dress. By some miracle I found the dress on a website for a boutique that I SWORE I was going to buy whenever I reach "that goal size." Well, we know what happens to that. Which was a damn shame considering the dress they had was in green and completely gone. Time passed and I forgot about that dress until tonight. Which is why I am still up at 3 a.m. my time. Thinking about this dress. I could not remember the designer for the life of me! I even facebook stalked the boutique where my friend's sister shops just to see if they posted a picture of the dress back in 2010. No such luck. I tried googling "taupe keyhole halter dress with rosettes" and guess what. Nada. I eventually ended up on the boutique's website where I originally saw the dress. Again, by some miracle there it was only this time in red! And the brand is Esley. (Note: "Esley flower thread dress" gives you better Google results than my failed attempts.) See for yourself.

I don't know how I feel about it in red. There's one on eBay in blue that I'm a bit in love with and would totes buy if it weren't a size small. I need to not be tempted to buy it in the hopes of fitting into it by April for a friend's wedding rehearsal dinner (I'm a bridesmaid so I don't need a dress). However, I am tempted to have my boyfriend grab this dress for me before it sells out (currently long distance and he lives in the same city as the boutique that currently has it). I am now exhausted and fucking ecstatic perfectly content that I now know who makes this dress. I'll let you know if I eventually buy it. It may be worth it after writing this novel of a blog post.Link

No comments:

Post a Comment