Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Certain Adult Truths

Friends I've made another list:

Adult Truths-- Ones I Ponder Regularly (some of these have been borrowed from others and some are my own)

  1. Sometimes I’ll look down at my watch 5 consecutive times and still not know what time it is. Even better when a stranger asks me the time and I can't figure out how to say the correct time out loud.
  2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. Especially when you are "winning" an argument with the opposite sex.
  3. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
  4. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
  5. Bad decisions make good stories.
  6. There comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
  7. Why is it that when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page report half the time I can't remember if I actually made any changes?
  8. I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
  9. I disagree with Kay Jewelers; I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Vodka than Kay. In fact, I wish Kay Jewelers would never show another ad as long as I live, I hate those ads.
  10. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
  11. How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said? Especially important when applied to family members.
  12. Maybe starting college at 21 instead of 18 would have been money better spent. I'm guessing I'd have made some different choices at 21.
  13. At a certain point, spending over $5 on a coffee drink tends to make you feel like a sucker.
  14. No those pants will never fit again. Get over it. And pants with pleats are never a good idea.
  15. Cheap perfume makes you smell cheap.
  16. Pleather should never be worn as part of an outfit.
  17. Your zebra stripe highlights are terrible. Embrace your natural hair color.
  18. Sometimes you simply can't win. Instead of whining about it stop and pour yourself a glass of wine.
  19. Just because you can talk on your cell phone, doesn't mean you should.
  20. Chewing gum should never be a public process, I don't want to hear you masticating anything.
  21. No, I don't want to buy stuff off your registry. And yes it is tacky and tasteless to include your registry information on the invitation to your 100th wedding, baby, but I'm a princess shower event.
  22. Thank you notes are essential. I will judge you if you choose not to write one. And an email doesn't count.
  23. French Manicures/Pedicures are terrible. Face the truth, they look fake.
  24. Yes, people judge every single decision you make. But it is your choice to own those decisions and when confronted by these individuals you can choose to say, "Looks like my drink needs a refill." Turn and walk away.

1 comment:

  1. I got to #2 without seeing who wrote this post, but I KNEW who wrote it.

    ReplyDelete