Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Make-up Routine


Moisturizer: I use Clinique Moisture Surge. It's super light and absorbs quickly...which is good because heavy creams on my face gross me out for some weird reason
Foundation: Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ applied with a Beauty Blender sponge
Highlighter: Moonbeam by Benefit on my eyelids, cheekbones, and cupid's bow
Blush: Berry Delight by Clinique
Eyeliner: Dior crayon khol pencil 
Mascara: Benefit BADgal Plum
Lips: any of the Tarte LipSurgence sticks or Clinique Black Honey almost lipstick
if my make up needs to last the night, then I use Urban Decay All Nighter Spray (as previously discussed)

this is a highly researched and well put together collection...it took years to get to this perfect balance


Things that I've Noticed Re: Makeup
1. Wearing eye shadow makes me look weird...just plain weird. Unfortunate because eye shadow is so pretty!!
2. I may be the only Indian girl who has to wear make-up with pink undertones.  Olive undertones are in most darker shade foundations, which makes it very hard for me to find foundation that works
3. I must wear lots of eye-liner at all times
4. I need to just say no when other people offer to do my make-up...they tend to violate all the rules above

3 comments:

  1. How did you figure out which foundation to use for you and about the pink undertones part? I feel like I chose my foundation via trial and error.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My routine:
    1. Rinse face with cold water (I don't wash my face in the morning).
    2. Moisturize with Aveeno Ultra Calming and whatever eye cream for sensitive skin that I happen to be trying out.
    3. Benefit Porefessional on my T-zone, let that sink in while getting ready (this stuff rocks!)
    4. Almay Smart Shade foundation and concealer
    5. Benefit Highbeam or Moonbeam on the inside corners of my eyes, my brow bones, and cheekbones
    6. Benetint on my cheeks, blended with my fingers. Cha cha tint in the summer.
    7. If I remember, I'll use Benefit instant brow pencil.
    8. If I wear eyeshadow, I use gold or bronze. L'Oreal HIP or Urban Decay are good. At night I wear eyeliner, which I apply it before eyeshadow (Almay in black usually).
    9. Benefit BadGal mascara in black for day or they're real! for night. I always comb my lashes when the mascara dries and repeat mascara and combing.
    10. For my lips I mix it up with either a stain in bright red, Benetint with clear gloss, or a fun gloss like VS Beauty Rush in cherry bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used a highlighter pencil...I am intrigued/wouldn't even know where to start.

    ReplyDelete