Thursday, November 10, 2011

Social Anxiety?

Let's be real...it's been a long time since I've interacted with people other than law school students.  Add to that the time that I've spent at home unemployed and I'm upgraded to full on social awkwardness (in addition to being overly excited about getting dressed in something other than leggings and oversized cardigans). 

Cup of Jo has this blog post today about how to talk to strangers...but I feel like her tips are even more awkward.  Conversation tips in your pocket? I'd rather do the Elaine Benes dance, that's a good ice breaker. 

Anyway, now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think I've ever actually ever attended a party alone.  An old boss invited me to an event being held on 11/11/11.  My plan is to make it rain with business cards.  My real concerns are 1. not be awkward around new people when I don't have a friend safety net  and 2. how to suavely give someone my card

any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment