Saturday, November 12, 2011

Skin Care Suggestions

I need some help with my skin care regime. Since my early 20's, I've had great skin (thanks to loads of visits to the dermatologist in high school) and I haven't had much to complain about other than dryness which leads to a rather dull complexion. All of this means, I am willing to spend money to make my face look good. Important Point: I have about $100 in Amazon money to spend on this project (and maybe a trip to Sephora but keep it on the cheaper side at Sephora).

However, all of a sudden I'm starting to break out about one week a month, and my skin is still dry but also a little oily. Not very oily mind you, just a little. I can't seem to figure out the best combination of cleanser, moisterizer, eye cream and night-time intensive cream (side note: does one spell cream or creme when speaking of such matters, carry on).

Thoughts regarding products:

I have a Clarisonic which I use a couple of times a week. Not twice a day as they recommend as that really dried me out.

Bliss discontinued the face cream I was using all last year but I've used their Fabulous Foaming Facial wash and their Clog-Dissolving Cleansing Milk with good results.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin moisturizer made my skin unhappy, so trash bin it went (probably due to SPF which has the tendency to make me break out).

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer seemed to be perfect until it wasn't.

Aveda stuff is crap, at least for me. Except their All Sensitive line which is simple and doesn't cause me problems but doesn't give me enough moisture. See also Origins.

Khiels has worked in the past, as have loads of other things. Dermalogica always seems to do wonders. Let's face it friends, I have a love, a deep love of products. So my husband often opens the bathroom cabinet and yells, "what the hell is all this shit?"

Please help me, send your suggestions via comments. I need all your wisdom.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite night face cream is an odd choice. I use Cetaphil moisturizing cream on my face at night. It's super thick and heavy going on, but it's non-comedogenic and I rinse it off in the morning. I have sensitive combination skin, and it's the best thing I've found without spending a ton of money. And if it doesn't work for your face, it's a great lotion for elbows and knees too.
    http://www.cetaphil.com/products/moisturizing-cream/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cetaphil too!

    Also, I use this mask about once a week or once every two weeks (depending on how busy I am) but it makes my face feel FANTASTIC. I have sensitive grumpy skin so I've tried almost everything under the sun to cleanse and moisturize my skin.

    Queen Helene Mud Mask:
    http://www.amazon.com/Queen-Helene-Masque-Mud-Pack/dp/B00008CMOS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321143348&sr=8-1

    (I also already found it on Amazon for you) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cetaphil! I always forget that I love Cetaphil! Thanks friends.

    ReplyDelete