Saturday, November 12, 2011

Makeup Galore Paco Style

I started this makeup routine recently after watching the Pixiwoo videos that I've posted before on this blog. Seriously, I love these sisters. They're so charming and I love watching how they transform their faces using both bold and neutral colors (not necessarily at the same time).

Moisturizer: I've recently been using Aveeno Simply Radiant moisturizer with SPF 15. I also have a Clinique moisturizer but it's currently used for my regular nighttime routine.

Foundation: I use Clinique Perfectly Real makeup applied with a Real Techniques foundation brush.

Eyes: I've recently discovered Urban Decay Primer Potion for eyes in order to keep my eyeshadow in place all day. Seriously, I've put on my eyeshadow in the morning and have noticed that it stayed until later that evening before washing my face. For a casual day look, I've been using Sonia Kashuk's Eye on Neutral Instructional Eye Shadow Palette, which is filled with great neutral matte colors.

Eyeliner: I've started using the black eye shadow in my Sonia Kashuk eye shadow palette using an EcoTools angled eye shadow brush. I haven't tried wetting the brush but I think I might experiment with that tomorrow and see how it works with a Real Techniques eye liner brush.

Mascara: For regular day lashes I use Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black. Sometimes I'll build up more using the Maybelline Falsies Volume Express mascara, just like Stumpz.

Face: I'll then add a Maybelline concealer to cover up the dark circles under my eyes using an EcoTools concealer brush. Then I finish off with the Clinique Perfectly Real powder using an EcoTools powder brush.

Lips: The color depends on my mood, day vs. night, and eye makeup. For a casual look I really like the Buxom Big and Healthy lipstick in Brooklyn or the Mary Kay Nourishine Lip Gloss in Sweet Raisin. If I don't do a casual lip, then I LOVE experimenting with reds such as the Kate Spade Lipstick in The Perfect Red (which I think might be discontinued...boo) and the Tarte for True Blood Lip Stain.

There you have it. I feel a little like Stumpz in that this sounds super high maintenance but it really isn't. It takes me 5-10 minutes tops. It's funny because this whole makeup thing is a recent development, all thanks to my new-found love of watching YouTube makeup tutorials. My boyfriend is not so fond of the makeup thing and is constantly saying, "You make the makeup look good." Silly boyfriend. I tell him it's just like painting in art class. Can't wait to hear what everybody else does!

No comments:

Post a Comment