Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Trawling my itunes

I love making mixes for my ipod and giving them obscure lyric references or motifs. It's ok, I'm that kind of person. I definitely think it's borne of a life, which is lumbering down the path towards professorialhood.

I just bought (well, used a gift card) Florence + the Machine's new album Ceremonials, which is a fantastic sophomore album. I enjoy her grandiose style, which could easily become gaudy; as well as, the roughness of her voice. My favourite track is Shake it Out, which is probably on the radio, but I don't have one and I'm not a fan of the bananarama commercials or talk show hosts. Give the video a gander, especially because her outfits are beautiful, especially the white gossamer number at the end. And the tango scene.




With 3000 + song in my library, there are constantly opportunities to revisit old music as part of my crafting process. I threw in some Camera Obscura to balance out the Florence. I love I Need All the Friends I Can Get, which unironically reminds me of my time living in Mile End in Montreal.

Total side note: I need to figure out how to post youtube videos. Lame on my part.

3 comments:

  1. Super easy to post YouTube vids. At the bottom of the video on YouTube, there's a link titled "Share." Click on that and then click on the "Embed" link. There should be some html that you can copy and paste into the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new Florence and the Machine album! She rocks my socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is super easy! Thanks Paco. x

    ReplyDelete