Saturday, November 12, 2011

The moment I wake up...before I put on my makeup...

I was just reading Gwyneth's blog (GOOP) and there was a makeup how-to...however, I do most of the things and I feel like my make up products and process is still in the works of being ideal for my face, skin color and wallet.

Unless its a secret....can everyone add to this post with your makeup application products, steps and processes? It will be interesting to see what everyone does! (Readers feel free to post your steps in the comments and then we can add them to the post!)

Here is mine:

Moisturizer: A dime sized amount of Oil of Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer OR Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer. (sometimes I skip this step)

Foundation: Clinique Superbalanced Makeup--applied with a Sonia Kashuk foundation brush

Long day? Then I also apply a thin layer of Almay Wake Up Hydrating Makeup to set my foundation

Blush: Almay pink powder blush--applied with a Kabuki (Target) to the apples of my cheeks towards my temples, a very light brush across each eye and on the nose (I feel this helps me look less pale in the winter)

Eyeshadow: I love more natural and neutral colors, so my color palette isn't to crazy--right now I am always using daybreak super shimmer

Eye liner: I am allergic to some eyeliners so to be safe, I just simply wet a liner brush and dip in in my Revlon Black Galaxy Perle eyeshadow and I can easily create thin or thick lines (and erase just as easily if I make an awful mistake)

Mascara: I am also allergic to some mascaras so when I find one that works, I treasure it. Right now I am using Maybelle the Falsies Volume Express and Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara.

Lip care: I use Vaseline with Cocoa Butter almost every single day, once in the morning and once at night. This keeps my lips soft all winter. Then, when I go to apply a gloss or tinted lip balm, I don't look like an alligator. The Clinique Chubby Stick is my new lip color/balm obsession--mainly because I have never been bold with color on my lips and this has given me the confidence to be a little more adventurous.

WOW...actually writing that out makes me feel super high maintenance, but I swear all of this only takes 5 minutes max.

No comments:

Post a Comment